About Casey Pickerill, MD
A Practice Based On Values
I believe everyone has a personal story…and I enjoy listening to those stories and making healthcare decisions based on what my patients tell me. I get immense satisfaction from determining a diagnosis based on the history my patients provide. I like to avoid extra steps and unnecessary processes in the practice of medicine. I strongly believe patients should not have to fight a system in order to receive the medical care they deserve. My concierge medicine practice has allowed me to live these values every day.
How I got started
My dad was my mentor, a well-respected family physician. I was extremely fortunate to join him in his practice after completing my residency. While I learned the “science” of medicine in medical school, I learned the “art” of medicine by practicing with him, side-by-side for five years.
I have a passion for providing preventative care. My focus is on risk reduction and helping patients find a way to attain a high quality of living with less disruptive medical events. My concierge practice in Lafayette, IN, really is an extension of my faith – and my ministry is being able to help people live well by staying healthy!
My life outside the office
I enjoy spending time with my wife, Kathe and our three sons, Nolan, Cal and Kipp and watching and coaching my son’s baseball games. I volunteer with the American Heart Association and offer high school athletic medical care as a volunteer.. I also enjoy exercising and woodworking.
- Pickerill, Adler & Reed, Family Medicine, Unity Healthcare, 2004-2013
Private Practice, Family Medicine, 1997-2004
- Chairman, Clinical Operations Group, Franciscan St. Elizabeth Health, 2011-2012
- Chairman, Board of Directors, Franciscan Alliance, Western Indiana Region, 2010-2013
- Teacher of First Year Medical Students: Job Shadowing Program, Indiana University School of Medicine, Purdue, 2004-2010
- President, Medical Staff, St. Elizabeth Hospital, 2003-2005
- Board Certified, American Board of Family Medicine, Certified 1997, Recertified 2003
- Residency, St. Luke’s Family Medicine, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- MD, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana
- BS, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana: Summa Cum Laude, Phi Betta Kappa